Originally released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994, EarthBound is one of those games that is definitely more famous now than it was when it originally released. This is because, in large part, the game has not only aged well, but because it becomes significantly trippier once the player really understands what it's about.
Known as Mother 2 in Japan, the Nintendo-published role-playing game is mostly cartoony, weird, kid-friendly fun. And by mostly, we mean, like, 95% of the game. The other 5% is a ghost-maiming, soul-stealing, alien-aborting nightmare. Literally. Near the end of the game, the children have their souls straight-up ripped from their bodies and put into robots, before fighting a monstrous alien which lives in a what looks remarkably like a woman's cervix called the Devil's Machine. (Sorry, ladies.) The alien itself, called Giygas, looks a whole lot like a fetus, and as you destroy it, it starts to look more and more like, well, a fetus being ripped apart.
Nothing about the experience is particularly creepy when played as a child with, presumably, no knowledge of cervixes or abortions. When played as an adult, however, with the knowledge of both female anatomy and the politically controversial topic, it's ultra weird and uncomfortable.